Apart from Wage Revision, will the three-year old demand of bankers of five-day a week of work be fulfilled?
Talks betweeen Bank Unions and IBA regarding wage and pension revision which started on November 1, 2017, is about to take a final shape on November 9. Representatives of All India Bank Employees’ Association (AIBEA), National Confederation of Bank Employees (NCBE), Indian National Bank Employees’ Federation (INBEF), National Organisation of Bank Workers (NOBW), All India Bank Officers’ Confederation (AIBOC), All India Bank Officers’ Association (AIBOA), Indian National Bank Officers’ Congress (INBOC) and National Organisation of Bank Officers (NOBO) have been invited for this crucial meeting.
What Bankers want and expect out of this meeting!
a) They want their long-standing demand of five-day work week to be fulfilled
b) They want pensions, which have not been revised for the past two decades to be raised
c) Pay Revision before Diwali would bring festive joy to 10 lakh families of bank employees
d) This total package of Rs. 8000 crore, once comes into the economy would be a certain booster for its revival
The letter sent by the IBA to Unions is given below by www.indianpsu.com for the benefits its viewers.
HR & INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
November 5, 2020
Shri Sanjeev K Bandlish Convenor
United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) & General Secretary
National Confederation of Bank Employees
C/o State Bank of India, LHO; Plot No.1, Sector-17A Chandigarh-160 017
Meeting at IBA Committee Room on 9th November, 2020 at 11.30 a.m.
As you are aware that the cost sheets for Officers Associations & Workmen Unions have already been signed, it should be our joint endeavor to move forward towards signing the 11th Bipartite Settlement/Joint Note.
2. Hence, with the approval of the Chairman of the Negotiating Committee of IBA Shri RajKiran Rai G, it is decided to hold a meeting of the constituents of UFBU (except BEFI) on Monday, 11.30 a.m., 9th November, 2020 at IBA Committee Room, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
3. Any residual or common issues may be discussed in the meeting, with the permission of the Chair. We request you to please make it convenient to attend the same along with the other representatives of UFBU (Annexure I)
Please acknowledge Yours faithfully,
Senior Advisor (HR & IR)
Sr. No. Name of the Union/Association No. of Representative(s)
1. All India Bank Employees’ Association (AIBEA) 2
2. National Confederation of Bank Employees (NCBE) 2
3. Indian National Bank Employees’ Federation (INBEF) 1
4. National Organisation of Bank Workers (NOBW) 1
5. All India Bank Officers’ Confederation (AIBOC) 2
6. All India Bank Officers’ Association (AIBOA) 1
7. Indian National Bank Officers’ Congress (INBOC) 1
8. National Organisation of Bank Officers (NOBO) 1